Update: The application deadline has been extended to February 20 at midnight.
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is seeking volunteers to support operations at the annual Brussels Forum. The Forum will take place March 23-25, 2017 at the Steigenberger Wiltcher’s Hotel in Brussels.
Volunteers will get first-hand experience providing operational support for a major international conference, attend exclusive events, and expand their professional network.
Description of Tasks
GMF offers the opportunity for highly motivated students and young professionals to take part in the logistical coordination of the annual Brussels Forum conference. Volunteers will be offered the opportunity to work with a variety of teams including communications, security, guest relations, transportation, production, and more. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to participate in parts of the official program.
GMF requires volunteers to be fully available for the duration of the conference (March 23– 25.) We may also ask that volunteers work on conference preparations the week of Brussels Forum (March 19-22) depending on availability.
*For Brussels based volunteers opportunities to work on pre-conference preparations the week before the conference (March 13-20) are also available.
For further information or if you have any questions, please email Zachary Tarrant at email@example.com
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work within a team
- Ability to work in an intercultural and fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English and preferably another European language
- Flexibility to work long and demanding hours
- Interest in transatlantic relations
- Experience in event management is a plus, but not necessary
- Full availability during the course of the conference
* If you have any preference and/or experience in one of the following fields (security, guest relations, production, transportation assistance, and/or media), please indicate it in your cover letter.
How to Apply
Provide a cover letter and a resume to Zachary Tarrant at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is at midnight on February 20, 2017.
Please note that this is a non-paid volunteer position for a period of approximately one week. GMF will provide all meals, however we ask that you arrange your own accommodation and transportation during your stay in Brussels.