- Young Professionals Summit
Brussels Forum: Volunteer Positions
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is seeking volunteers to support operations at the annual Brussels Forum. The Forum will take place March 8–10, 2018 at the Steigenberger Wiltcher’s Hotel in Brussels.
Volunteers will get first-hand experience providing operational support for a major international conference, attend exclusive events, and expand their professional network.
Description of Tasks
GMF offers the opportunity for highly motivated students and young professionals to take part in the logistical coordination of the annual Brussels Forum conference. Volunteers will be offered the opportunity to work with a variety of teams including communications, security, guest relations, transportation, and production. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to participate in parts of the official program.
For further information or if you have any questions, please email the volunteer coordinator, Zachary Tarrant, at email@example.com
* Please note that this is a non-paid volunteer position for a period of approximately one week. GMF will provide lunch and dinner during the conference, however we ask that you arrange your own accommodation and transportation during your stay in Brussels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work within a team
- Ability to work in an intercultural and fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English and preferably another European language
- Flexibility to work long and demanding hours
- Interest in transatlantic relations
- Experience in event management is a plus, but not necessary
- Full availability during the days of the conference (March 8–10)
* If you have any preference and/or experience in one of the following fields (security, guest relations, production, transportation assistance, and/or media), please indicate it in your cover letter.
Volunteers are expected to be fully available for the days of the conference March 8–10, and partially available for the days preceding the conference March 5–7. Depending on availability, volunteers can also help with conference preparations from March 1–5.
To apply please send a cover letter and a resume to Zachary Tarrant at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is at 12:00 a.m. ET on February 9, 2018.