- Young Professionals Summit
Brussels Forum: Volunteer Positions
Call for Applications!
GMF's Brussels Forum Volunteer Program
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is seeking volunteers to support operations at GMF's Brussels Forum, a world-renowned international foreign and security policy conference. The Forum will take place June 27–29, 2019 at the Steigenberger Wiltcher’s Hotel in Brussels.
Volunteers will get first-hand experience providing operational support for a major international conference, attend exclusive events, and expand their professional network.
Why You Should Participate
GMF offers the opportunity for highly motivated students and young professionals to take part in the logistical coordination of GMF's annual Brussels Forum conference. Volunteers will be offered the opportunity to work with a variety of teams including communications, security, guest relations, transportation, and production. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to participate in parts of the official conference.
Participation in the Brussels Forum Volunteer Program will count favorably towards a future Young Professionals Summit application, as well as other GMF events and programs.
* Please note that this is a non-paid volunteer position for a period of approximately one week. GMF will provide lunch and dinner during the conference. However, we ask that you arrange your own accommodation and transportation during your stay in Brussels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work within a team
- Ability to work in an intercultural and fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English and preferably another European language
- Flexibility to work long and demanding hours
- Interest in transatlantic relations
- Experience in event management is a plus, but not necessary
- Full availability during the days of the conference (June 26–29)
If you have any preference and/or experience in one of the following fields (security, guest relations, production, transportation assistance, and/or media), please indicate it in your cover letter.
Volunteers are expected to be fully available for the days of the conference June 26–29, and partially available for the days preceding the conference June 21–25. Depending on availability, volunteers can also help with conference preparations from June 17-21.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and a resume to Kirsten Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is at midnight EST on May 24, 2019.
For further information or if you have any questions, please email the volunteer coordinator, Kirsten Fowler, at email@example.com