- Young Professionals Summit
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) will host the 13th Brussels Forum from March 8-10, with major support from its Founding Partners Daimler and the Federal Authorities of Belgium, and from its Strategic Partner Deloitte LLP. Top international political, corporate, and intellectual leaders gather at this annual high-level meeting to address pressing challenges facing both sides of the Atlantic. Brussels Forum participants include senior officials from the European Union institutions and its member states, U.S. federal government officials and Congressional representatives, parliamentarians, academics, journalists, and private sector representatives.
The Brussels Forum agenda provides a mix of on-the-record public sessions that are open to media coverage and private, off-the-record sessions for participants only. The agenda is subject to change without notice. The latest agenda will always be available on the Brussels Forum website.
Members of the press are invited to cover Brussels Forum in the on-site press room, which features a Wi-Fi-enabled workspace, has access to a live video pool feed from the public sessions available for recording on-site, and is where any speaker availabilities will take place. Brussels Forum can also be covered virtually via Brussels Forum website. Video of public sessions will stream live and transcripts and video will be posted following each session as soon as they are available. Registration for on-site coverage is required.
Eurovision Production Coordination (EPC), the EBU subsidiary in charge of host-broadcasting activities, will produce the live radio and television coverage of all sessions taking place in the plenary room. The signal will be produced with a 16:9 picture ratio. This international signal in HD will be made available as “pool coverage” to participating broadcasters at the press room for recording. Broadcasters must bring their own recording equipment.
Live signal in HD will also be available on the Eurovision Network through the World Feeds distribution tool, please check Eurovision.net for updates.
This year, individual cameras will be permitted in the plenary room to set up on tripods to film the proceedings unilaterally. Cameras must be in place prior to the session beginning and are not allowed to move around during the proceedings. While individual video and photo cameras are welcome at Brussels Forum for press conferences and interviews, all security restrictions must be obeyed, and if interviews with participants are granted, they are to be conducted at designated standup locations away from trafficked areas near the main plenary room. All satellite trucks must be registered in advance by emailing information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that EPC is establishing production and transmission facilities in Brussels including:
- Standup positions for live program inserts
- Tape playout (IMX, DVCPRO/MINIDV/DVCAM, XDCAM & P2)
- Connectivity to the Eurovision Global Network
Please send an email to email@example.com for updates and booking.
VIDEO NEWS RELEASE PACKAGES
During the proceedings, Brussels Forum will provide video news release packages with conference highlights edited for news content only, free of rights and charge. These packages will be distributed via Eurovision World Feed. Please check Eurovision.net for information. These VNRs will also be available on a web-based distribution platform for broadcaster and webcaster, please visit Eurovision.net for information.
All on-the-record sessions will be livestreamed here.
- Brussels Forum requests that its name be mentioned in all reports related to its activities.
- Print/Radio – Any article or interview derived from Brussels Forum should mention Brussels Forum.
- Television – Any program or interview derived from Brussels Forum should mention Brussels Forum or visibly display the Brussels Forum’ logo. Should you need a logo or backdrop, please contact the press desk at Brussels Forum or the above contacts.
- Online Publications – Any article or interview related to Brussels Forum should mention Brussels Forum. Brussels Forum can be linked at http://brussels.gmfus.org/.
- Photos – Any photos published from Brussels Forum should mention Brussels Forum.