- Young Professionals Summit
BRUSSELS FORUM: Preeminent Convening of Transatlantic Policymakers to Take Place June 27-29
Stoltenberg, Mogherini, Wolters, U.S. Senator Blunt Among Confirmed Speakers
Media Access + Registration Details Below
On June 27-29, the German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) will host the 14th annual Brussels Forum, its flagship conference that brings together transatlantic leaders and decision-makers from both sides of the Atlantic to grapple with the most critical challenges facing the liberal international order.
Topics to be discussed will include: security disruptions and emerging threats; Russia, China and the new great power game; the implications of AI and frontier technologies for democracy; trade and the global economy; cities on the front lines of climate change; illicit finance and foreign influence; social movements and the future of politics in Europe and America.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Deborah Birx – Ambassador at Large and U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator; U.S. Special Representative for Global Health Diplomacy
- Roy Blunt – United States Senator (R-MO); Member, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Suma Chakrabarti – President, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Karen Donfried – President, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Kristian Jensen – Minister of Finance, Denmark
- Mitch Landrieu – Founder, E Pluribus Unum Fund; Former Mayor of New Orleans
- Federica Mogherini – High Representative of Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, European Commission
- Didier Reynders – Minister of Foreign Affairs and Defense; Deputy Prime Minister, Belgium
- Jens Stoltenberg – Secretary General, North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Andrea Thompson – Undersecretary for Arms Control and International Security, U.S. Department of State
- Tod Wolters – Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR); Commander, U.S. European Command
- More to be announced.
Brussels Forum is open to both print and broadcast media. Please read the information below carefully, as there are restrictions on media access due to space constraints. Please be in touch directly with one of the media relations contacts listed below with questions.
LOGISTICAL INFORMATION FOR MEDIA REGISTRATION AND ON-SITE COVERAGE:
Location & Dates:
June 27-29, 2019 // Steigenberger Wiltcher's Hotel (Avenue Louise 71, Brussels)
General Media Access:
Please note that access to the main sessions is restricted to event participants, due to space constraints. Media wishing to cover the event will have full access to a designated press center where a live stream of the conversations will be provided.
Block Schedule (subject to change):
Thursday, June 27
- 14:30-19:15: Opening Afternoon Main Sessions
Friday, June 28
- 9:15-12:30: Morning Main Sessions
- 12:30: Lunch
- 13:45-17:30: Afternoon Main Sessions
- 18:00-19:15: Oxford Style Debate with Intelligence Squared
Saturday, June 29
- 9:15-12:45: Closing Main Sessions
GMF’s media staff will liaise with accredited media to facilitate on-site interview opportunities with conference speakers and participants. Requests may be submitted directly to the media contacts below prior to the event. We will make sure to keep media updated on the status of their individual requests and accommodate approved interviews on site.
Resources and Assets:
Livestream: All Main sessions will be live streamed at BrusselsForum.org
Transcripts, Videos, Photos: Selected transcripts, photos, and video files will be available upon request. Please be in touch directly for further information.
Broadcast Feed: A broadcast feed will be available via EUROVISION. Further details will be provided the week prior to Brussels Forum.
Media Relations Contacts (by office):
Angelina Sutalo, Brussels
+32 486 514 479
Sena Staufer, Berlin
+49 175 229 55 88
Sydney Simon, Washington
+1 202 683 2648